COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES
San Diego City College
MissionSan Diego City College has it's highest priority student learning and achievement. The college provides lower division and general education courses that lead to certificates, associate degrees or transfer to a four-year college or university; career technical education programs that meet specific industry needs, upgrade the employment skills of students and fulfill licensing requirements of the state of California as well as contribute to the economic development of our region; basic skills instruction to assist all students in meeting their educational goals; and essentials student support services for all students.
ValuesSan Diego City College is a multicultural institution committed to providing open access to all who can benefit from instruction and to meeting the diverse and ever-changing educational, cultural, and economic needs of the urban core and surrounding communities of San Diego. We are committed to the tradition of academic freedom and responsibility, to employee empowerment, and to maintaining a climate that promotes learning, understanding and respect for students, faculty, staff, community, and the environment. The following are core tenets of our value system:
- The development of informed, active individuals who will be engaged in the global community, lifelong learners, social justice advocates, and literate in information technology.
- Institutional community involvement, community development and community service.
- Equity, inclusiveness and diversity in all of its manifestations
- High quality instructional programs emphasizing creative and critical thinking.
- Essential student support services, including co-curricular and cultural activities.
- Environmental sustainability and a campus culture of conservation.
- A continuous campus-wide cycle of assessment and program review with integrated planning and resource allocation.